Job Posted Until Sunday, September 30, 2012
Nature Of Duties:
Career Connections is looking for an experienced accounting professional to direct, develop, and manage financial services for a large, successful, established Athens employer. This individual will be charged with administering a tax preparation program, managing accounting and tax preparation staff, and developing new products and services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Direct the development and delivery of the business accounting, payroll, and tax planning and preparation services.
* Provide services to clients in addition to supervising work done by staff.
* Prepare federal, state, local, and special tax returns, and review and analyze financial information.
* Prepare financial statements, reports, and records for business by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Evaluate, develop, and recommend fiscal policy.
* Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial operating results.
* Maintain accounting records in conformance with government accounting principles.
* Work with staff to develop marketing and sales training programs, strategies, and new products.
* Develop and implement strategies to grow business.
* Keep abreast of regulatory compliance issues.
* Other relevant tasks as appropriate and required.
This employer pays a competitive salary and provides a comprehensive benefits package.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
* Considerable experience in accounting and federal and state tax preparation.
* Knowledge of IRS regulations governing CPAs and the AICPA code of conduct.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
* Demonstrated marketing and business development skills.
* Strong attention to detail, follow-up, and decision-making skills.
* Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and keyboarding.
* Experience and skills in coaching, mentoring, and directing staff desired.
For more information about Career Connections, or to apply for this position and many others, please visit www.careerconnections.info .
Please note: Career Connections requires at least two employment references from supervisors.
We charge NO fees to applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.