Recent Job Listings
Job Posted Until Friday, June 29, 2012
Nature Of Duties:
Posting Number: 2011468
Department: Baker Center
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience
Pay Grade: Admin & Professional |84|
Job Category: Full-Time Regular
Planning Unit: Vice President for Student Affairs
Work Schedule: This position will work based upon the needs of event planners and event logistics. The Division of Student Affairs expects that team members work Commencement weekend, Opening Weekend, First Year Student Convocation, and Halloween weekend.
As an integral part of the Department of Event Services and the Division of Student Affairs at Ohio University, this position has a direct impact to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for the users of Events Services venues, and is charged with delivering the highest level of customer service. Reporting to the Associate Director for Event Services, the Assistant Director will ensure the safe and successful execution of major events taking place on campus. The Assistant Director will be charged with developing and maintaining a student staff training and certification program as well as maintaining equipment and venue maintenance and inspection logs.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Assist the Associate Director & Production Manager in supporting the event activities of Event Services. This includes, but is not limited to, lighting and sound design, technical direction, and production management. Development of production and venue schedules and management of technical budgets, planning production support and overseeing all matters related to the technical support of various events.
2. Train and supervise student support staff in areas such as lighting, sound, building monitoring, and providing logistical support.
3. Work with support staff in maintenance and replacement of lighting, sound, and other related technical equipment.
4. Coordinate/facilitate technical requirements for student organizations and other university and non-university activities, events, and programs in facility.
5. Assist with the advising of organizations and individuals planning events.
6. Work with Director and Associate Director & Production Manager to determine and implement additional equipment upgrades.
7. Act for the Associate Director & Production Manager in his/her absence.
-Bachelors degree in a related field or extensive professional experience commensurate with undergraduate degree.
-2 or more years of professional live production experience (production management, audio, lighting, stage management rigging)
-At least one year of facility/venue management
-Extensive experience working with analog/digital audio consoles, networked audio visual control systems, professional lighting systems, counterweight rigging systems, arena rigging practices
-Ability to frequently work nights and weekends
Preferred Qualifications: A degree in in fine arts, theater production/design, organizational communication, or business preferred
Ohio University - Athens
283 Gordy Hall
To apply, please complete the online application at: www.ohiouniversityjobs.com and attach required documents. For references, please include current contact information for three professional references.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by June 29, 2012.
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position. Jeremy Schaffer firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.