Recent Job Listings
- Short Haul/Regional Runs
- Administrative Specialist I - Circleville
- Specialist, Document Management - Circleville
- Principal Designer - Circleville, OH
- Service Writer/Coordinator
- Diesel Technician
- RN Care Manager
- Horticulture Specialist
- Health and Disabilities Manager
- Class A CDL Driver
- Lot Attendant
- Principal Technical Professional, Mechanical - Circleville, OH
- Technical Advisor, Mechanical - Circleville, OH
- Technical Professional Leader - Instrumentation/Controls - Circleville, OH
- Principal Technical Professional - Instrumentation/Controls - Circleville, OH
- Technical Professional Leader, Mechanical - Circleville OH
- Sr. Technical Professional, Mechanical - Circleville, OH
- Senior Instrumentation/Controls Engineer - Circleville, OH
- Technical Advisor - Instrumentation/Controls - Circleville, OH
- Direct Care Services Aide
- Senior Services Aide
- Guest Room Attendant
- Optometrist Seeking Office Help
Job Posted Until Sunday, March 11, 2012
Nature Of Duties:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant -CORE SITE St. John Medical Center in Westlake Ohio
Posting Number: 2012199
Department: COM-Academic Affairs
Pay Rate: $12.03 – $15.50 per hour
Pay Grade: CLASSIFIED & IT|B|
Job Type: Classified
Job Category: Full-Time Regular
Planning Unit: College of Osteopathic Medicine
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Campus: COM CORE Site
Under direction, the fully operational classification receives instructions in general terms, utilizes independent judgment within established procedures and guidelines, answers routine inquiries and refers difficult questions and problems to higher levels. This classification requires considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures in order to perform moderately complex office support duties; includes work leaders or working supervisors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as receptionist or first-line liaison to internal and external contacts.
• Utilizes department or University policies, procedures, and practices to answer routine inquiries or resolve problems based on precedents.
• Supervises, provides work direction, and trains student and clerical employees.
• Maintains budget, researches and processes expenditures for payment, and prepares fiscal
• Establishes, and maintains department files, and databases, and creates reports.
• Researches and gathers information.
• Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and schedules classrooms or conference rooms; coordinates special events.
• Provides equipment set-up and operation, and all aspects of classroom support for faculty and
• Maintains inventory and orders supplies
• Maintains website, and assists with development and design of publications.
• Prepares documents, meeting materials, and correspondence, and takes minutes or transcribes
• Performs routine office support duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
-Serves as initial point of contact for customers relative to programs and services. Provides general clerical, budgetary and administrative CORE Office Support.
-Provide clerical & administrative support for the CORE staff as the first point of contact.
-Perform a variety of typing duties including letters, reports and forms.
-Screen mail and compose and type correspondence as directed.
-Maintain department files; ensure that all records are updated and modified according to record retention schedule.
-Schedule appointments and make travel arrangements
-Respond to requests and questions not requiring the personal attention of administration.
-Assist with planning and preparation of meetings and special events.
-Maintain preceptor record.
-Utilizes department or University policies, procedures, and practices to answer routine inquiries or resolve problems based on precedents.
-Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and schedules classrooms or conference rooms; coordinates special events.
-Maintains inventory and orders supplies.
-Prepares documents, meeting materials, and correspondence, and takes minutes or transcribes dictation.
-Monitor, process and maintain student records.
-Maintain and track confidential student files, including electronic databases.
-Monitor data re: progress of medical student records.
-Type correspondence and perform various duties associated with year 3 and year 4 curriculum.
-Assist with post-rotation exams, didactic & related curriculum requirements.
-Provide budgetary support.
-Maintain accurate bookkeeping records.
-Maintain P-card transactions and expense reports.
-Prepare or assist with financial reports and forms.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
• 9 mos. training or 9 mos. experience in office practices, policies, and procedures.
• 1 mo. experience in databases.
• 1 mo. experience in public relations.
• 1 mo. experience in budget analysis.
• 1 course or 3 mos. experience in operation of computer and calculator.
Or equivalent of the education and experience listed above.
Candidates may be required to complete a skill assessment(s) to verify level of proficiency in required skills/qualifications.
-Knowledge of office practices, policies, and procedures
-Employee training and development
-Web page development techniques
-Skill in operation of computer and calculator. Ability to provide routine administrative support
-Establish and maintain department files
-Act as receptionist or liaison to internal and external contacts.
Apply online at: www.ohiouniversityjobs.com .
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position. Beth Maxon, 740-593-2544 or email@example.com
Diversity Statement Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.